Ms. M. Moody
Course of Study
This is what you can expect to learn within the next 90 days! We will be working at a steady pace so make sure you ask questions along the way! You must pass both the class and the EOC to graduate!
Unit One: Variables and Expressions
Unit Two: Writing and Solving Equations
Unit Three: Writing and Solving Inequalities
Unit Four & Five: Proportions & Functions/Relations
Unit Six: Slope and Linear Equations
Unit Seven: Systems of Equations/Inequalities
Unit Eight: Multiplying and Dividing Polynomials/Rules of Exponents
Unit Nine: Factoring Polynomials
Unit Ten: Quadratics and Quadratics Equations
Unit Eleven: Radicals, Midpoint/Distance Formulas, Exponential Functions
I reserve the right to change or update the syllabus throughout the semester. You will receive notice of major changes.
Rules and Regulations
1. Respect me
2. Respect each other
3. Respect yourself
1. Verbal/Non-Verbal warning or
2. Parental Conference or Choices/Parent Conference
3. Referral/Parent Contact
The teacher reserves the right to implement consequences out of order if necessary!
Assignments and Grading
ALL ASSIGNMENTS MUST BE COMPLETED IN PENCIL OR BLUE/BLACK INK AND HEADED WITH YOUR FULL NAME, DATE, BELL, AND ASSIGNMENT. Parents or students can email me for missed assignments. It is solely the student’s responsibility to get all missed work and turn it in! Late work of any kind will not be accepted!
Notebooks will be graded as tests throughout the semester. All sections and papers should be in the order that they were received or returned.
It is your responsibility to keep up with your homework sheet! You will record the homework date and assignment, and I will record your grade after I check your work. Your homework will be averaged every 5 days and graded for completion or accuracy.
Classwork and Participation (35%):
Class work will be done in class both collaboratively and independently, and possibly turned in. This grade will include the math review (snapshots) when collected and/or graded.
Assessments (Quizzes, Tests, etc.) (40%):
Quizzes will be given spontaneously or with prior notice. Tests will be given at the end of each unit. Any student caught cheating will receive no credit! Test corrections can be made within one week of the assessment.
Projects may be given to complete in or out of class. Students will receive notice for any extended projects.
- Regular tutoring will be on Wednesdays after school from 2:45-4:00pm (unless you are notified otherwise).
- A seating chart will be implemented throughout the year and will change as needed
- EXTRA CREDIT-Any student that brings in one of the following items will receive five points extra on one assignment (5 items max): tissues, hand sanitizer, air freshener (unscented), lotion (unscented), pencils, lined paper, paper towels, EXPO markers and board cleaner, copy/printer paper, colored printer paper, AAA batteries, markers, etc. (other items may be added)
- Each student will maintain a portfolio of their work. All assessments will be kept on file here at the school.
Required Supplies-YOU MUST COME PREPARED FOR CLASS!:
- Three-ring binder
- Loose leaf paper
- Pencils, blue or black pens
- Your notebook will be divided into sections for each unit
92-85%-B DND-Did not do the assignment
84-77%-C NWNC-No work, no credit!
69 and below-F
Links for Practice